Here is a look at some of the law and religion news stories from around the web:
- The Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against a New Jersey town that denied zoning approval for the construction of a mosque.
- OUPblog: Daniel L. Dreisbach discusses how the Bible influenced the founding fathers.
- An Indiana man is arguing that the state’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act exempts him from paying state taxes.
- The U.S. Holocaust Museum expressed concern over “hateful speech” used at a meeting of white supremacists in Washington D.C.
- A Muslim boxer’s opponent shared her championship belt with her opponent after the Muslim boxer was disqualified for wearing a hijab.
- In the Iraqi town of Bashiqa, Christians celebrated the reopening of a church that had been shut down by two years of ISIS control.
- A Hamas-linked Imam and a Israeli Chief Rabbi joined other Jewish, Christian, and Muslim clergy in an interfaith call for peace at a summit in Spain.
- In Scotland, users of a new “Catholic App” can now digitally locate church services on their mobile devices.
- Famous landmarks in London turned red to highlight the impact of religious violence around the world.