Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Supreme Court has held oral arguments in the compelled speech case National Institute of Family and Life Advocates v. Becerra.
- A man is suing his employer for allegedly barring him from receiving certain benefits after a fellow employee falsely claimed the man and his family were radical Islamists.
- A recently-released poll shows large differences between Democrats and Republicans regarding the application of moral principles to politicians and government.
- The head of the Office for Civil Rights in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has come under fire for his defense of the right of health care providers to deny care on the basis of their religious beliefs.
- A new study undercuts the idea that people are leaving churches in large numbers because of political disagreements; it also claims that the fact that some are leaving is not substantially affecting the increase in polarization in U.S. politics.