Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- A panel of 6th Circuit judges has held that discrimination by employers against transgender people violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- A Satanic church in Kansas is renewing its challenge to the state’s abortion restrictions on the ground of religious freedom after a previous suit was dismissed for lack of standing.
- A federal magistrate judge has recommended the dismissal of a RFRA suit brought by Native Americans who claim that federal land sacred to them was destroyed when a highway was built on it.
- Right-leaning Catholics in the U.S. are increasingly disenchanted with Pope Francis, a new Pew Research poll found.
- One house of the bicameral Utah legislature has passed a bill that would ban abortions based on a diagnosis that the fetus has Down syndrome.
- The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum has rescinded an award it gave to Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of Myanmar, saying that she failed to protect the country’s Rohingya population, which is a religious minority.