Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- A government offensive in Syria has succeeded in cutting a rebel-held area near Damascus into three isolated parts.
- The governor of Mississippi has said that he will sign a bill passed by the legislature that bans most abortions after the fifteenth week of pregnancy.
- After organizing a national call-in campaign in support of the DACA program last month, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is now organizing a similar call-in campaign in support of the proposed Conscience Protection Act.
- A panel of Second Circuit judges ruled that an employment discrimination lawsuit by a former chaplain against New York Methodist Hospital is barred by the ministerial exception.
- A Mennonite woman who has been jailed for refusing to testify in a death penalty case because of her religious beliefs will take her appeal to the Colorado Supreme Court after an intermediate appellate court ruled she must testify or remain imprisoned.