Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- A federal judge in Philadelphia has issued a preliminary injunction against the Trump Administration’s proposed changes to the Affordable Care Act’s contraception mandate. The injunction is national in scope.
- Democrats successfully pushed for the final version of the tax bill to leave the Johnson Amendment intact.
- A secular advocacy organization has successfully sued a South Carolina school district which had been holding its graduation ceremonies in a Christian church.
- President Putin has thanked the United States after CIA intelligence stopped a terror attack by an ISIS cell targeting a cathedral in St. Petersburg.
- A celebrated Anglican cleric accused of sexual abuse is the subject of a new report which concludes that investigators mishandled his case.