Here are some important news stories involving law and religion from around the web:
- Taoists in Taiwan are protesting the government’s attempt to ban what they say are essential elements of their religious rituals.
- Muslim worshipers returned to the Temple Mount complex on Thursday after the Israeli government removed the last elements of controversial new security measures that had led to a Muslim boycott of the site.
- A prominent Sunni university in Egypt is setting up booths in Egyptian mass transit stations in order to combat misinterpretation of religious texts that leads to extremism.
- The UK government has reversed course and will allow a new rule to come into effect requiring religious schools to admit students outside of their religions.
- A convicted Belgian Islamist militant lost his appeal before the European Court of Human Rights in which he argued that statements he made in Islamist recruiting videos were protected by the right to freedom of expression.
- The parents of terminally ill infant Charlie Gard have ended their legal fight to be allowed to bring him to the United States for an experimental treatment.