Here are some important law-and-religion stories from around the web:
- The Supreme Court declined to clarify its initial ruling on the Trump Administration’s travel ban before it issues a final ruling, leaving in place a district court judge’s injunction preventing the ban’s application to people with extended family in the United States.
- Russia’s Supreme Court will not overturn its decision to allow the Russian government to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses from the country, setting the stage for the liquidation of local congregations and the seizure of their property.
- The Second Circuit Court of Appeals has applied the “ministerial exception” to uphold the dismissal of a sex-discrimination lawsuit brought by an ex-principal at a Catholic diocesan school.
- The Israeli Supreme Court has granted the Israeli government an extension of time to reconsider its policy of only allowing homosexual couples to adopt a child if a heterosexual couple willing to adopt the child cannot be found.
- Saudi Arabia’s religious police are questioning a woman alleged to have appeared in a viral video that shows her touring a heritage site in revealing clothing.