Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- Amid several governors issuing orders to curb large gatherings to slow the spread of COVID-19, at least a half-dozen states have exempted some level of religious activity.
- Police in Italy have been issuing citations to priests and worshippers gathering in churches for violating the rules of the nationwide lockdown amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Alliance Defending Freedom filed a petition for a writ of certiorari asking the Supreme Court to weigh in on a Pittsburgh censorship-zone law that restricts speech on public sidewalks outside abortion facilities.
- Utah Governor Gary Herbert signed into law, inter alia, a bill that reduces the penalty for consenting adults engaging in polygamy and a bill that would ban elective abortions if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade.
- The man accused of murdering fifty-one worshippers at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, last year pleaded guilty to all counts last week.