Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom issued a new factsheet on the impact of coronavirus on religious freedom.
- Indonesia halted a mass congregation of nearly 9,000 Muslim pilgrims and began quarantining them and checking their health to prevent further spread of coronavirus.
- The White House held a conference call on Tuesday with leading rabbis of New York’s Orthodox Jewish community, urging them to follow the administration’s guidelines to limit the number of attendees at social gatherings to ten people.
- Maine voters rejected a proposal to repeal a new vaccination law that forbids all nonmedical exemptions, including exemptions based on religious beliefs.
- New Zealand’s House of Representatives passed the Abortion Legislation Bill on Wednesday, legalizing abortion throughout the first twenty weeks of pregnancy.
- Prosecutors in Allegheny County (PA) are appealing a judge’s decision to vacate the conviction of a priest accused of having assaulted a boy in 2001.