Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle suspended all public celebration of Mass because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York upheld a jury verdict in a suit charging an employer with creating a work environment that was hostile to religion.
- The United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri rejected a Kansas City charter school student’s claim that Missouri’s official religious exemption form for vaccines is an unconstitutional infringement of religious freedom.
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois approved a settlement agreement that allows Catholic nuns to construct a building for wine-making, beer-brewing, and canning.
- An Illinois state appellate court held that neither the analytic framework not the reasonable accommodation defense of Title VII can be read into Illinois’ Health Care Right of Conscience Act nor the Illinois Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
- The Florida House of Representatives passed legislation that would allow the state’s athletic association to broadcast prayer before sporting events.