Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- A Washington federal district court dismissed a First Amendment claim by a high school football coach who was suspended for praying at the 50-yard line after football games.
- Virginia became the twentieth state to ban licensed medical professionals from practicing conversion therapy on minors.
- The city of Albany, New York became the third U.S. city to pass a resolution against anti-Muslim discriminatory laws in India.
- The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom held a hearing about countries like India and Burma enacting citizenship laws to deny religious minorities legal protection.
- Brigham Young University reiterated that same-sex romantic behavior is not allowed on its campus, clarifying misinterpretation resulting from the school dropping a section of its code banning behavior that reflected “homosexual feelings.”
- Governments around the world have banned visits to holy pilgrimage sites in an effort to control the outbreak of the coronavirus.