Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Supreme Court will hear an appeal by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s foster agency to a city ordinance denying it the ability to refuse to certify same-sex couples as foster parents.
- In an eighty-two-page opinion by Judge Sandra Ikuta, the Ninth Circuit ruled in favor of a Trump administration policy that bans federally funded family planning centers from referring women for abortions.
- The Supreme Court denied certiorari on a petition by a Seventh-day Adventist, who accused Walgreens of violating Title VII by firing him for refusing to work on the Sabbath.
- California Attorney General Becerra intends to continue enforcing a ban on health insurance plans that exclude abortion, despite federal authorities previously siding with Catholic nuns who opposed the ban.
- A new poll that surveyed 1,512 Catholic registered voters shows that Hispanics Catholics in the U.S. are less likely to support President Trump and more likely to attend weekly Mass than other U.S. Catholics.