Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- A panel of judges in Melbourne, Australia ruled 2-1 to uphold the conviction of Cardinal George Pell, the most senior Catholic cleric ever jailed for child sexual abuse.
- Following a lawsuit filed against the town of Edisto Beach (SC) by a local church last year, the town has lifted a ban against worship services in the town’s civic center.
- The United States Trade Representative stated that Bibles and other religious literature, most of which are printed in China and imported to the United States, will not face additional tariffs.
- The EU’s foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini urges member states to protect freedom of thought, conscience, and religion.
- The 10th Religions for Peace World Assembly launched this past Tuesday, calling for religious groups to take action on current geopolitical issues and to continue working together as part of the solution to these global challenges.