Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Trump Administration has officially recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and will move the U.S. embassy there.
- In a significant escalation of the war in Yemen, the country’s former President was killed when rebels overran his home in the capital.
- Observers believe that Justice Anthony Kennedy may be the decisive vote in Masterpiece Cakeshop, and his questions at oral argument left it unclear which side he favors.
- By a 7-2 vote, the Supreme Court denied a request for a stay of the Trump Administration’s travel ban, which is in its third iteration. Justices Ginsburg and Sotomayor dissented from the denial.
- A federal court in Nevada has ruled that humanism is not a religion.
- A secular advocacy group has had its lawsuit challenging a Ten Commandments monument outside a Florida government complex dismissed for lack of standing.