Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- A farmer has won a preliminary injunction against a Michigan town’s attempt to ban him from its farmers’ market because he refuses to host same-sex weddings on his orchard.
- An church in upstate New York has seen its challenge to an unfavorable zoning decision dismissed on ripeness grounds.
- The Attorney General of Louisiana has released a legal opinion describing a potential change to the state’s code of conduct for lawyers with respect to issues of discrimination as unconstitutional because it violates the First Amendment.
- Facebook allowed advertisers to target ads at users who are interested in anti-Semitism.
- Animal rights groups are again seeking to stop a Jewish congregation in California from performing a controversial ritual involving live chickens.