Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Fourth Circuit has rejected death row inmate Dylan Roof’s motion to fire his appellate attorneys, one of whom is Jewish.
- Seven Jewish U.S. Senators have written a letter to the Israeli Prime Minister accusing him of favoring Orthodox Judaism over more liberal sects.
- The Kentucky clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses after the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide is facing two lawsuits in federal court.
- A California charter school will not allow parents to opt their children out of lessons on transgenderism.
- A lesbian couple in Michigan is being represented by the ACLU in their suit challenging a state law that allows religious adoption agencies to refuse to place children with same-sex couples, although state law already requires them to provide those couples with the names of other agencies.