Some important law-and-religion stories from around the web:
- A Chinese Catholic bishop affiliated with the underground Church has been abducted from his diocese.
- The Australian census has shown a dramatic increase in the number of people identifying as non-religious compared to the last census.
- Fearing the collapse of the governing coalition, the Israeli cabinet voted to suspend a plan to create a mixed-gender prayer space at the Western Wall that had angered Orthodox Jews.
- Armenian-Syrians have mostly fled from the country’s civil war, and many fear that their community’s presence in Syria will be permanently extinguished.
- French prison officials continue to struggle with the problem of Muslim radicalization occurring within their walls.
- Explosives experts have said that the Islamic State likely destroyed a mosque in Mosul that the radical group had claimed was destroyed in a coalition airstrike.