Here are some important stories on law and religion from around the web:
- A terrorist attack apparently aimed at Muslims took place near a mosque in North London.
- Senator Bernie Sanders has been criticized for a line of questioning of a Trump nominee that some say may have violated the Constitutional prohibition on religious tests for public office.
- A Detroit couple accused in federal court of facilitating the practice of female genital mutilation has been granted bail.
- A panel of New York appeals court judges upheld a lower court decision declining to block a controversial pre-Yom Kippur ritual of animal sacrifice.
- The Justice Department has reached a settlement with an Illinois municipality accused of treating a Muslim organization’s land use application less favorably than those of other religious groups.