Here are some important news stories involving law and religion from around the web:
- A number of countries, including close neighbors, have completely cut ties with Qatar and accused it of supporting terrorism and the Muslim Brotherhood.
- More details are emerging about the three men who killed eight in the London terrorist attack.
- At its next General Synod, the Scottish Episcopal Church will consider removing a portion of the Canon on Marriage that defines it as a union between a man and a woman.
- The Russian Supreme Court has set a date for it to hear an appeal of its decision that effectively outlawed all organizations of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the country.
- The United States Supreme Court held that the retirement plans of church-affiliated health care providers qualify for a religious exemption to ERISA.
- An alleged draft of a new healthcare regulation from the Trump Administration would allow employers with religious objections to opt out of providing free birth control to female employees.