Here are some important stories involving law and religion from the past few days:
- UK authorities have detained twelve people in the wake of a terrorist attack in London that killed seven; the Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Justice Department lawyers have asked the Supreme Court to overturn an en banc decision of the Fourth Circuit upholding a lower court’s injunction against the Trump Administration’s proposed travel ban.
- A number of world religious leaders have criticized President Trump’s decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accord.
- A Catholic religious order in Minnesota has agreed to pay victims of abuse by its members $25 million as part of its bankruptcy filing.
- A man who claims he was excluded from a Michigan city’s farmers’ market because of his opposition to same-sex marriage filed a suit in federal court alleging violations of his rights to free speech and free exercise of religion.
- The text of the complaint is available here.