Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals held that that a Florida federal district court abused its discretion when it refused to allow a plaintiff in a sexual assault and battery action to proceed under a pseudonym because she is from a devout Muslim family and the nature of the allegations would bring shame under religious and cultural traditions.
- A Connecticut federal district court rejected free exercise and speech challenges over the COVID-19 orders of Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont.
- A Texas federal district court rejected free speech and exercise challenges to a policy banning proselytizing at the El Paso Art and Farmers Market.
- A Minnesota federal district court dismissed free exercise, free speech and equal protection claims by the Satanic Temple over a city resolution rescinding a prior resolution creating a limited public forum in a city park.
- The Court of Appeal in the Canadian province of Newfoundland held that the Catholic Archdiocese is vicariously liable for sexual abuse suffered by four plaintiffs.