Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Department of Health and Human Services adopted a rule rolling back healthcare anti-discrimination coverage in federally supported activities and programs.
- The U.S. State Department released its 2019 Report on International Religious Freedom.
- The National Labor Relations Board overruled a 2014 decision that had expanded NLRB jurisdiction over religiously-affiliated colleges.
- The U.S. 8th Circuit Court of Appeals rejected claims by a member of the Satanic Temple that Missouri’s informed consent abortion law violated her First Amendment rights.
- A Nevada federal district court upheld Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak’s COVID-19 order limiting worship services to no more than 50 people with social distancing.
- Suit was filed last week in a New York federal district court by two Catholic priests and three Orthodox Jews challenging limits on worship services imposed by New York state and city COVID-19 orders.
- A lawsuit was filed last week in a Texas state trial court by an abortion rights group charging Right To Life East Texas and its director with defamation.