Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- An Orthodox Jewish couple is suing American Airlines for religious and racial discrimination after the airline claimed they smelled bad and removed them from a flight.
- The Military Religious Freedom Foundation requested that the commander of Naval Station Newport (RI) investigate those behind the promotion of a discussion series that urges Navy personnel to “Lead like Jesus.”
- A Christian pastor who ministers to immigrants and refugees failed to obtain a preliminary injunction to prevent the government from monitoring her activities along the U.S.-Mexico border and in New York.
- A judge ruled Friday that The Associated Press may be heard in a court dispute over whether to release hundreds of confidential emails that detail the New Orleans Saints’ behind-the-scenes public relations work to help local Roman Catholic leaders deal with a sexual abuse crisis.
- The leader and the main treasurer of the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ were sentenced to federal prison terms of eighteen months and twelve months and one day, respectively, after pleading guilty to conspiring to defraud the United States.