Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- A controversy involving Pope Francis and an Argentinian bishop accused of being complicit in child sex abuse escalated after an abuse victim claimed that he provided the Vatican a letter outlining the allegations in 2015.
- A prominent Vatican bishop has described China as “the best implementer of Catholic social doctrine.”
- The President of Poland has signed a law criminalizing the use of language that implicates Poland in Nazi war crimes.
- In a case factually similar to Masterpiece Cakeshop, a California judge ruled in favor of the Christian baker.
- A New Jersey state appellate court has held that Israeli rabbinical judges cannot be sued in state court for acting in their official capacity.