Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The man who killed eight in an ISIS-inspired terrorist attack in Lower Manhattan was arraigned in federal court on Wednesday and faces the death penalty if convicted of the charges against him.
- The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals heard oral arguments in a case in which a secular advocacy organization is challenging an Indiana public school’s Christmas pageant, which has been put on for 45 years.
- Amy Coney Barrett, the Notre Dame law professor nominated to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and who was questioned on her religious beliefs during her confirmation hearings, has been confirmed.
- An evangelical pastor who has been critical of the Trump Administration claims he was removed from the campus of Liberty University and told not to return.
- Three Notre Dame students have challenged the Trump Administration’s decision to relax contraceptive coverage requirements under the Affordable Care Act.