Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- Muslims are protesting the Israeli government’s decision to install metal detectors at a mosque in Jerusalem where two Israeli soldiers were killed recently.
- The government of Kazakhstan has sanctioned a regional organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses, but says it has no plans to ban the group entirely as the Russian government has.
- Muslim regions of the Philippines will receive greater autonomy under legislation that President Rodrigo Duterte has vowed to fast-track.
- A federal district court in Illinois has issued a preliminary injunction against a state law requiring medical providers who object to performing procedures for conscience reasons to refer patients to providers who are willing to perform them.
- The City of Boston is running a poster campaign aiming to educate citizens about how to stop incidents of Islamophobic harassment.