Some important law-and-religion stories from around the web:
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has pushed back against claims that he scuttled a deal to create a non-Orthodox prayer space at the Western Wall.
- The Vatican’s highest-ranking financial officer, Australian Cardinal George Pell, has been accused of sexual abuse that allegedly occurred in the 1970s.
- Islamist militants in the Philippines have attacked a village and desecrated its Catholic church.
- The Court of Justice of the European Union has said that certain Spanish tax exemptions for the Catholic Church may contravene European law.
- The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of a North Carolina law that allows magistrates to opt out of performing marriage ceremonies.
- A controversial Ten Commandants monument on the grounds of the Arkansas state capitol has been destroyed by a man who allegedly destroyed a similar monument in Oklahoma in 2014.
- The lower house of the German parliament has voted to legalize same-sex marriage.