In New York on October 30, the NGO Committee on Freedom of Religion or Belief, together with BYU’s International Center for Law and Religion Studies, will host a luncheon and panel discussion on Freedom of Religion or Belief and Gender Equality. Featured speakers include:
- Heiner Bielefeldt, UN Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Religion or Belief, and author of a new report, “Freedom of Religion or Belief and Equality Between Men and Women”;
- Lakshmi Puri, deputy executive director of UN Women;
- Gulalai Ismail, founder and chairperson of Aware Girls;
- Margareta Grape, representative to the UN, World Council of Churches;
- Tina Ramirez, president, Hardwired.
Details are here.