From SSRN’s list of most frequently downloaded law and religion papers posted in the last 60 days, here are the current top five. Since last week, Helen Alvare has been replaced by Perry Dane at #1, Dwight Newman has moved up t0 #2, replacing Michael Perry, Douglas Laycock joins the list at #3, Elizabeth Sepper remains at #4, and Richard Garnett joins the list at #5 replacing Steven Smith & Caroline Corbin’s exchange.
1. Doctrine and Deep Structure in the Contraception Mandate Debate by Perry Dane (Rutgers, School of Law) [201 downloads]
2. On the Trinity Western University Controversy: An Argument for a Christian Law School in Canada by Dwight G. Newman (U. of Saskatchewan, College of Law) [160 downloads]
3. Religious Liberty and the Culture Wars by Douglas Laycock (U. of Virginia, School of Law) [138 downloads]
4. Contraception and the Birth of Corporate Conscience by Elizabeth Sepper (Washington U., School of Law [119 downloads]
5. ‘The Freedom of the Church’: (Towards) an Exposition, Translation, and Defense by Richard W. Garnett (Notre Dame Law School) [94 downloads]