From SSRN’s list of most frequently downloaded law and religion papers posted in the last 60 days, here are the current top five. Since last week, Wenger, Balkin, Berg and Willis have remained in the same slots; Vischer has been replaced by Alvare.
1. ‘The Divine Institution of Marriage’: An Overview of LDS Involvement in the Proposition 8 Campaign by Kaimipono David Wenger (Thomas Jefferson School of Law) [531 downloads]
2. Must We Be Faithful to Original Meaning? by Jack M. Balkin (Yale U. – Law School) [234 downloads]
3. Protecting Same-Sex Marriage and Religious Liberty by Douglas Laycock (U. of Virginia School of Law) and Thomas C. Berg (U. of St. Thomas School of Law) [205 downloads]
4. Taxes and Religion: The Hobby Lobby Contraceptive Cases by Steven J. Willis (U. of Florida) [135 downloads]
5. No Compelling Interest: The ‘Birth Control’ Mandate and Religious Freedom by Helen M. Alvare (George Mason U., School of Law) [128 downloads]