Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Trump administration proposed a new rule that would allow social service agencies receiving taxpayer funding to refuse service based on religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- A Georgia state representative intends to introduce “The Vulnerable Child Protection Act,” which makes it a felony for medical professionals to assist in changing a minor’s gender either through surgery or medication.
- The Kentucky Supreme Court dismissed for lack of standing a discrimination claim brought by the Gay and Lesbian Services Organization against a print shop owner who refused to make a gay pride T-shirt based on his religious beliefs.
- The Lebanese Judicial Council sentenced Youssef Diab to death for killing forty-seven people after he detonated car bombs outside Sunni mosques in Tripoli.
- Following the discovery of fetal remains at the Illinois home of a deceased abortion doctor, the Kansas City Archbishop wrote Congress in support of legislation requiring abortion providers to dispose of aborted children’s remains through burial or cremation.
- President Trump selected Florida pastor Paula White, a televangelist preacher and adviser to the President, to head the White House’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative, which helps faith-based groups partner with the federal government.