Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- A Minnesota Catholic diocese that is facing 74 claims of sex abuse by its clergy is filing for bankruptcy.
- The judges of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals have voted not to review en banc a controversial panel decision that declared a cross-shaped war memorial constructed in 1925 unconstitutional.
- The Anti-Defamation League has claimed that anti-Semitic incidents in New York State generally and New York City specifically increased dramatically in 2017.
- An Australian Cardinal will appear in court for the first time as part of a month-long hearing to determine if he will stand trial for alleged sexual assaults.
- The UN and other NGOs are claiming that the situation for civilians in a Syrian rebel-held enclave near Damascus has grown desperate after weeks of fighting between the rebels and the government.