Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- Left- and right-leaning members of Germany’s parliament are calling on the government to withhold approval of an upgrade to German-made Turkish tanks that they claim are being used against Syrian Kurds.
- A bipartisan group of Florida legislators supports a bill that would require public schools to post the phrase “In God We Trust” in a “conspicuous place.”
- Vice President Pence has returned from a four-day trip to the Middle East during which he addressed the Knesset, stated that the U.S. embassy in Israel would be moved to Jerusalem earlier than anticipated, and spoke with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
- A federal district court has enjoined the University of Iowa from enforcing a “Human Rights Policy” under which it had stripped a Christian student group of official recognition; the plaintiffs showed that the policy had not been applied to a Shia Muslim campus group.
- A member of a Satanic church has taken to the Missouri Supreme Court her argument that state restrictions on abortion impinge on her religious freedom.