Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Prime Minister of Malaysia has urged President Donald Trump “to support moderate and progressive Muslim regimes” in a joint appearance.
- Roman Catholic leaders, including the president of the University of Notre Dame, have expressed concern after Democratic Senators pursued religious lines of questioning of a Catholic nominee to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Two legal academics have come to the Senators’ defense.
- Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy has stayed part of a Ninth Circuit order that had limited the scope of the Trump Administration’s travel ban.
- Pope Francis called on President Trump to rethink his decision to end the DACA program and said that breaking up families is not “pro-life.”
- A gay couple in Utah took their challenge to the state’s laws restricting surrogacy to the Utah Supreme Court. The state did not defend the law either in briefs or at oral argument.